- Click here for targeted floor construction information with insulating screed.
The insulating screed/insulation mortar is ready-mixed, composed of EPS beads mixed with cement and additives. The EPS beads are specially designed with a small diameter of 2-4 mm to achieve an even flatter result with the Staenis leveling grid. You only need to add water and mix.
Tilable insulating screed/insulation mortar can only be installed in combination with the Staenis leveling grid. The plastic grid is moisture-resistant, absorbs all shrinkage, and ensures a perfectly flat installation and reinforcement.
On dry substrates, moisten the substrate the day before.
After ± 48 hours of drying (depending on temperature and light), finish with a primer for absorbent substrates. For a smoother and even harder final result, finish the primer with a thin layer of self-leveling compound or tile adhesive, placed at the same height as the top of the grid.
- Do not store bags outside or in damp areas.
- We recommend working without foil under the tilable insulating screed/insulation mortar, but if there is a risk of rising damp, it is best to place a foil and reinforcement net.
- 10 bags = ± 10 m² with a thickness of 5 cm
- 1 m³ = 1000 l = 190 kg = 20 bags
- 1 Sack = 50 Liter = ± 5 cm/m²
- 1 pallet = 40 bags
- Consumption: 1 bag of insulating screed/insulation mortar per m² at 5 cm thickness.
Calculate quickly and easily here how much insulating screed/insulation mortar you need.
- A very light and hard insulating screed with high compressive strength.
- The insulation mortar completely fills all cavities under and between pipes and conduits.
- Easy to use and suitable for various floor insulation applications.
- Easily create your own insulating screed/insulation mortar & quick to implement: in one go, you have laid an insulating leveling layer yourself.
- Walkable after 48 hours at 15°C.
*Tested internally, with EPS suppliers and/or at the European recognized certification institution Buildwise, according to the current standards EN 12667 & EN 1015-10, manufacturers based on cement.
*Do not use in garages or where the load is too high. The minimum tile size is 30x30 cm and at least 8 mm thick. Tiles of at least 20 x 120 cm are also permitted.
Prepare tileable insulation screed:
Mix the entire contents of the bag (50L) with 5.5 liters of water, for 3 minutes in a mixing bowl with hand mixer and for 5 minutes in a concrete mixer.
Attention: video is still available on 70L bags!
|Material:||EPS bead (polystyrene), cement and additives|
|Content per bag:||50 litres|
|Weight per bag:||± 9,5 kg|
|Dimension of bag:||80 x 50 x 25 cm|
|Number of bags per pallet:||± 40|
|Dimensions full pallet:||110 x 110 x 170 cm|